On 3 November, NPA’s State Council held its Annual Meeting. A new Executive Committee was elected, and nee State Councillors were co-opted. The Annual General Meeting was held on the same day. The Annual Report was presented and a new Executive Committee elected. Thanks were given to outgoing Executive members Brian Everingham and Tom Fink.
NPA welcomes new State Councillors
Adrian Davey, Neil Denison, Tom Fink, Conny Harris, Helene Orr, Bob Snedden and Peter Wilson. A full list of councillors can be found on the NPA website.
Executive Committee 2018-19
- President: Anne Dickson
- Senior Vice President: vacant
- Vice President: Sam Garrett-Jones
- Hon Treasurer: Ted Woodley
- Hon Secretary: Ian Donovan
- Committee members: Grahame Douglas, Samantha Newton, David Papps, Anne Reeves
At the Annual Dinner we auctioned 18 of the 21 winning prints from the 60th Anniversary photographic competition. Our thanks again to all the photographers who participated. We raised over $1,400 from the auction.
NPA Volunteer Awards 2018
NPA congratulates the following Award recipients.
- Allen and Beryl Strom Occasional Award: Stan Mussared (Clarence Valley Branch)
The Allen and Beryl Strom Volunteer Occasional Award recognises ‘outstanding conservation efforts and outcomes that have benefited both NPA and the wider community.’ The award is presented infrequently, is reserved for only the most meritorious nominees, and must be supported by substantial evidence as to the nominee’s actions, achievements and character.
- Excellence in Conservation Occasional Award: Yuri Bolotin (Sydney)
The Excellence in Conservation Occasional Award recognises ‘contribution of time and effort in support of NPA’s organisational structure over a substantial period of time’.
- Bushwalking Leadership: Esther Chow (Southern Sydney Branch), Brian Everingham (Southern Sydney Branch)
- Branch Awards: June Scott (Central Coast Branch)
Organisational Support award: Cathy Merchant, Helen Yoxall and Ian Donovan