Celebrating Bob by Anne Reeves OAM
- An engineer with a love of wild country, and a keen conservationist
- A contributor to nature conservation advocacy over many years; back in the days when he and Wendy with young Suzie and Chris, living in the Adelaide Hills warmly and generously hosted many good discussions
- A strong contributor to the work of the Snowy Mountains Regional Advisory Committee, under the National Parks & Wildlife Service, a voluntary role for which he was nominated by the Wilderness Society while also working for the Snowy Hydro and based in Cooma
- Bob enthusiastically supported a proposal that Climate Change Challenges should be the theme for a forthcoming annual RAC conference – at a time in the mid 1990s when still far too few even wanted to talk about the issue. One of the memorable speakers was Dr (now Professor) Lesley Hughes
- More recently Bob supportively shared concern over the Snowy 2.0 ‘white elephant’ pumped storage project that is crushing the landscape of northern Kosciusko National Park.
- He and the family also cared for some of our menagerie of small native animals at their place near Bridgewater when we were off on field trips with the Nature Conservation Society of SA
Thank you Bob – and Wendy – good friends and true